Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break

It has been many years since Cory and I took a "spring break". Since college really - which is now 6 years ago! So this year we took one! First, Biz and Sarah came to our house on Wednesday night to start off their "spring break in Texas". It was really fun to hang out with them - although we didn't provide much entertainment other than Cole! He really loves his Aunt Biz and although it was a pretty quick visit - she gave him a bath, bottle, plenty of snuggles and I think they had a nice reunion! My only regret is that I didn't get any pictures while they were here! I will post pictures later of Cole in his "I heart NY" onesie that Sarah brought for him, straight from the streets of New York!

Part II of our spring break started on Thursday morning when Cory, Cole and I headed to Tulsa to see Aunt Kathryn, Grammie and Grandad. We had a great time - Kathryn moved into her house last summer but we had never seen it so I really enjoyed that. Cory watched a lot of basketball and enjoyed being off during those first few days of the tournament. Cole played with his Grammie and Grandad and they all three enjoyed that b/c they had not seen each other for 2 months!

All in all we had a great time and, although I still LONG to live closer to my family, these visits at least give me the "family fix" that I need to keep going! So here are a few pics from the weekend - enjoy!

Here's mom giving Cole a bath after a bad blowout! hehehe - can you tell he LOVES baths? This is Katty and Cole post-bath!


Cole gives pretty sweet baby kisses these days!


Dad and Cole had a lot of reading time while Mom, Katty and I took on some house projects! We ended up stripping wallpaper in her dining room, texturing and painting that room and mom hemmed curtains for her living room! So I think Dad and Cole are reading "Make Way for Ducklings" here. The teachers at day care are regularly amazed at how intently he listens to books and how closely he watches the pictures and pages - he is definately going to be an avid reader!

Well that's all for now! I will post more later - I have new pictures from tonight but they will have to wait for tomorrow!

No comments: